Most people who watch mafia or cartel movies may find that the characters mostly smoke cigarettes or cigars. Some would think that cigars are just like cigarettes. But what they don’t know is that cigars are more complex. There are cigar clubs where humidity controlled boxes or storage rooms called Humidors, where cigars are stored to avoid rotting or dryness.
If you are interested in cigars and want to know the best way to choose the best kind of cigar, you should follow these tips! It will save you from having a bad first-time experience.
What is The Best Way to Find the Perfect Cigar for You
To find the perfect cigar, you need to familiarize yourself with what you need to look out for. Certain things will make a cigar worth the drag. Here are essential tips to help you out:
- Figurados and Parejos – These are the two most common shapes of cigars. The Figurados are bullet-shaped, while Parejos are cut on the other end, so you have something to draw on.
- Uniform in Color – When choosing a cigar, make sure that it is the same on all sides. There shouldn’t be any spots. Molds cause some spots, so you better avoid that.
- No Tears – The cigar should not have any gaps or tears. A smooth exterior means it is made of quality craftsmanship.
- Mind the Size – As a newbie, you should know the size that you want. Before buying, you should check the length and the ring gauge to determine what’s best for you.
- The Importance of Humidors – Once you enter a storage room, you should always check the room’s humidity. It affects the cigar and can cause damage if not controlled.
- Check the Rating – Cigars have ratings too. If you want to ensure that you got the best brand, check if the rating is high.
These are the necessary tips & tricks you should consider once you choose to try a cigar.